Megadevelopers at BJB Properties are displacing dozens of Astor House tenants through a combination of forced evictions, intimidation, and poor conditions. The building suffers plauges of bedbugs and mice; disruptions in heat and water service; and dysfunctional elevators. Tenants say building management has threatened to report them for participating in organizing.
But the tenants are fighting back, and you can support them with the following actions!
- School Closures and Foreclosure: Three Maps
- NEIGHBORS TELL BANK: HAVE A HEART!
- Mary Bonelli and 70 neighbors and allies hold vigil against 5/3rd Bank and Fannie Mae
- Candlelight vigil to halt Mary Bonelli’s eviction from home of three generations
- Video: Anti-Eviction Caroling with the People’s Santa
- Victims of bank foreclosure share holiday cheer (and family pain) by caroling at banks
- Neighbors in Action Training: Dec. 1 and Dec. 8
- Help Stop Maria’s Eviction!
- Public Meeting to Demand a Moratorium with Tom Dart and Toni Preckwinkle