On this website we have some resources for volunteers, neighbors, and allies who want to organize in solidarity with folks facing foreclosure or eviction. The easiest way to help out in this work is to come to one of our chapter meetings. If you don’t live in or near any of our chapters and want to start your own community organization fighting evictions, send us an email and we’ll try to help you start one. We hope that the information on this website and the documents below can be helpful as you unite your neighbors and your neighborhood around the human right to housing!
Here are some papers that we often use at our meetings. Feel free to download these documents (in PDF and Microsoft Word DOC formats):
- Western Cape AEC call to US activists (our “founding document”)
- Files for organizing your community
- Files for the legal process
- How to file an “appearance” or motion in foreclosure court
- Tenants’ rights in foreclosure
- VERY SIMPLE overview of IL foreclosure process